Quality Brake Repair in College Station, TX ➤
Signs of Bad Brakes
• If you hear a squealing or grinding noise when applying them, then it’s time.
• If the pedal “sinks” toward the floor when applying the brakes, it could be a sign of a leak in the vehicle’s brake system. Brake fluid looks similar to motor oil, but with a less greasy texture. If you notice a pool of fluid under your vehicle when it’s parked, it’s time to have it inspected.
• If your vehicle pulls on one side when braking, it could mean you have a caliper sticking or foreign matter in the fluid itself.
• A grinding noise typically means your vehicle’s brake pads have been completely worn down and two pieces of metal are now rubbing together. Ignoring this major sign can lead to damage to your calipers.
• Finally, a vibrating feeling when applying the pedal usually means warped rotors.
Give Our Brake Repair Professionals at CarDoc Automotive a Call Today!
Simply put, your brake pads aren’t going to last forever, and failure to replace them when it’s time can cause added damages to your vehicle. Luckily, if you’re a resident of Texas’ Brazos Valley, CarDoc Automotive has you covered when it comes to brake repair and car service in general. If you suspect any problem with your vehicle’s braking system, don’t take any chances! Driving an unsafe vehicle not only affects you, but also the others on the road around you.